Glamping with a hot tub – 5 proven benefits of hot tubbing outside
When asked what glamping actually is, we often describe it as luxury camping, without the hassle of setting up a tent or fending off the elements (the rain and wind that seem to have become characteristic of many a British camping trip). And no luxury staycation would be complete without a soak in a warm hot tub, glamping is no different. When we started Country Bumpkin Yurts we knew that we wanted to create a peaceful yurting experience surrounded by nature, on a luxury glamping site with a hot tub.
Our wood-fired hot tub is, of course, carbon neutral. The water is heated by responsibly sourced wood, meaning that it doesn’t have the heavy, energy-burning implications of an electric powered hot tub. This also means that it gives off the romantic scent of burning wood, and stays warm for as long as the fire is kept burning!
And if that hasn’t hooked you, here are 5 reasons why every glamping trip should feature a hot tub:
1) Stress relief – if your mind is full to the brim, sinking into a warm hot tub offers the perfect opportunity to let go your busy life and reconnect with your body and surroundings. The warm water and refreshing country air will melt away any muscle tension, while the act of soaking will shut down your overactive thoughts as you take a deep refreshing breath and focus instead on the warm sensation of the water against your skin, and the sounds of the countryside around you!
2) Better sleep – a study in the journal ‘sleep’ found that soaking in a hot tub in the evenings, increases the chance of falling asleep faster, and the increased level of relaxation will provide you with a deeper, more relaxing sleep as your body cools. Not only that, but spending time in fresh country air has also been proven to help encourage sleep. A perfect mix for the insomniacs amongst us.
3) Reduced pressure on joints and muscles – being supported by a body of water eases the pressure in joints and muscles, while the heat increases the amount of blood that flows to the muscles and boosts healing.
4) Lower diabetic blood sugar levels – a study found that patients with type 2 diabetes who soaked in a hot tub for 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week for 3 weeks, experienced a reduction in blood sugar levels by an average of 13%! This might mean, that you have to book a rather lengthy yurt stay with us though!
5) To contemplate the greater universe – stargazing has been proven to provoke thoughts and ideas of the universe beyond our planet, so if you’re looking for the opportunity to expand your thinking, here it is. Made all the more enjoyable by the warm tub you’re soaking in, of course.
Sounds like a win-win situation all round to us! Whether it’s a balmy summer evening or a crisp snowy evening our wood-fired hot tub is the perfect spot to unwind and relax under the stars. Dependant on your arrival time, we can prepare and light this for you, ready for you to enjoy straight away. All logs for daily use are included in your stay and we will show you how to use it so you can continue to enjoy it throughout the duration of your visit.
Check our yurt availability here.