5 reasons why you should consider a staycation! Plus, our top glamping tips.
‘Staycation’ has been a buzzword and hot topic for a few years now, but the buzz is certainly justified! There is real value and importance to the ideas behind the word ‘staycation’. We have 5 reasons why you should consider a staycation.
To appreciate the beauty of your home country
The UK has many beautiful, historic and fascinating sights to be found, when was the last time you endeavoured to uncover one of them? We would encourage you to take a trip to the seaside, hike some of the UK’s beautiful peaks or consider a quirky and comfortable glamping break.
For the environment
It’s no secret that the emissions produced by air travel are incredibly polluting to humans and the environment. Air travel is a huge contributing factor to each individual’s carbon footprint. It has been advised that you can reduce your carbon footprint by reducing the amount of air travel you undertake each year. So you can enjoy your holiday even more knoing that it hasn’t come at the price of adding pollution to our planet!
To stress less
Passport? Check….Foreign currency? Check…Travel insurance? Check….Language phrase book? Check!
Long gone are the days of rushing around in a frantic panic worrying that you don’t have the correct paperwork to pass a customs check, the right insurance to cover any mishaps or a aeroplane compliant piece of luggage! We are seeing a huge increase in people opting for a ‘staycation’ instead of a trip overseas. One of the reasons for this shift is that it is simply more relaxing! You can throw some clothes and a toothbrush into your car and head to your destination without any hassle. Choosing a staycation means that you won’t spend hours worrying about making it to the airport on time or waiting at the boarding gate!
To include your pet!
Time spent outdoors….lots of walking…..a cosy place to sleep….glamping sounds like any dog’s perfect week! The beauty of a staycation is that you can often take them along with you, no more sorrowful puppy dog eyes pleading with you as you leave them behind. Here at Country Bumpkin Yurts dogs are always welcome.
To save the pennies
When you holiday in your home country there is no need to hire a car, buy travel insurance, or even a plane ticket! Think of all those pennies saved.
Our favourite type of staycation is, of course, a glamping holiday.
Here are our 5 top tips for glamping in the UK:
- Pack layers – as we all know, the weather in the UK is beautifully unpredictable, thankfully glamping is just as much fun in the snow as it is in sweltering sunshine.
- Breathe in the country air – whether you are a country bumpkin or a city slicker, we are sure you will be able to appreciate the benefits of fresh country air. We believe that a little bit of fresh air is able to soothe almost any feeling of anguish.
- Tune into the peaceful sounds – one of the most relaxing things about glamping is the quiet of the surroundings. Tuning in to the sounds of birds, distant farm animals and gentle wind will heighten the relaxation felt and add an element of excitement.
- Partake in a little exercise – whether you enjoy running for miles or prefer a gentle stroll, moving your body is greatly beneficial to both body and mind! Our recommended form of staycation exercise is a long country walk, with a picnic stop included of course!
- Leave no trace – as with any outdoor activity we encourage you to use reusable items and dispose responsibly of any rubbish that you may have.
For more glamping tips follow us on Facebook.
If you’re ready to embark on a staycation you can check out the availability for our yurts here. Glamping in a yurt allows you to experience all of the benefits of camping without the hassle of putting up a tent, or discomfort of sleeping on the ground! We will be launching a spring offer for mid-week stays very soon, so keep an eye out for this on Facebook or via our email newsletter.